Digital Health & Wellness Summit 2018 attendees to shape the future of global health
25 January 2018
Posted by: Matthew Grek
25 January 2018
The European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) announces that the Digital Health & Wellness Summit 2018 (DHWS18) returns to Barcelona (Spain) on 27-28 February 2018 in partnership with 4 Years from Now (4YFN), the business platform of Mobile World Capital Barcelona for technology startups.
The Digital Health & Wellness Summit, is where innovators in digital health meet end users, growing the entrepreneurial ecosystem and increasing understanding and discussing the needs and challenges in the health industry.
Future trends and showcasing digital technology:
Attendees at DHWS18 on 27-28 February in Barcelona will:
● Hear from leading international speakers
● Have multiple opportunities to network with innovators and digital startups to meet end-users (clinicians and patients), in order to understand their needs and challenges;
● Meet potential customers (insurers, public healthcare administrations, hospitals);
● Connect with investors seeking disruptive innovations;
● Develop their skills as digital health champions and disruptors.
Brian O’Connor, Chair ECHAlliance, says:
“Innovators, digital startups, end users and investors are coming together at DHWS18 to establish strong networks and opportunities to drive digital transformation of healthcare and wellness. Attendees at DHWS18 will create a movement and turn innovations, digital tools and ideas into actions that result in better health and wellbeing for people all around the world.
“The summit is an opportunity not to be missed and I look forward to meeting all stakeholders in Barcelona on the 27 and 28 February and working with them to improve healthcare globally.”
Over two packed days DHWS18 attendees will join world leading experts to discuss the current hot topics in health, including:
- Barça Innovation Hub: a new way to tackle health challenges in sport. Albert Mundet, Head of Knowledge Department, Barça Innovation Hub
- Digital health trends and markets, an investor point of view. Clara Leonard, Partner, Digital Health Ventures
- Artificial Intelligence for smarter healthcare. Ken Bradberry, Senior Vice President of Managed Services and Innovation, The HCI Group
- Smart Healthy Cities. Catherine Perez, Head of Health Information Systems, Public health Agency of Barcelona; Raj Mack, Head, Digital Birmingham/ the New York Academy of Medicine
- What can healthcare learn from digital marketing?
- How to change human behaviour. Dr Olivier Krys, Medical Director, Sharecare; Diarmaid Crean, Deputy Director of Digital, Public Health England
- The health apps jungle. Neil Gomes, Senior Vice President for Technology Innovation and Consumer Experience and Chief Digital Officer, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Health System
- Blockchain: the ultimate solution for healthcare? Sriram Bharadwaj, Director, Information Systems and CISO, University of California, Irvine, Healthcare (UCI Health); Bill Chamblin, Director, EnableHealth
- The end of the hospital. The University Hospital Vall d’Hebron of Barcelona
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: immersive healthcare. Kumar Jacob, CEO, Mindwave Ventures
Notes to editors
1. About the European Connected Health Alliance https://echalliance.com/
ECHAlliance is the trusted connector, facilitating multi-stakeholder connections around ecosystems, driving sustainable change and disruption in the delivery of health and social care.
Our community gathers 500+ member organisations and 16,000+ experts: governments, health & social care providers, leading companies and start-ups, researchers, insurances, patients & citizens, investors… through ecosystems meetings (120+ per year), international events and our online platform 'Connector'.
Active in 40+ regions/countries (Europe, USA, Canada, China), the ECHAlliance members develop innovative solutions around mobile Health, chronic diseases, active & healthy ageing, Internet of Things, wearables, personalised medicine, genomics, Big Data, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
2. About 4YFN
4YFN Barcelona 2018, which will take place within the framework of the GSMA Mobile World Congress between 26-28 February, will gather local and international entrepreneurs, startups and professionals working at large corporations in order to create and launch new tech-based businesses.
4YFN Barcelona 2018 expects to attract over 19,000 visitors in an event that will see the participation of 600 investors. Additionally, the exhibition area – the Innovation Market – will welcome more than 600 startups from 145 countries and 12 international delegations from Belgium, Colombia, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.