Successful Webinar on the Digital Health Society !
03 October 2017
Posted by: Heather Smith
The Digital Health Society
Access all information on DHS here
DHS Task Forces: how to engage?
Launched during the Estonian EU Presidency in 2017, the Digital Health Society (DHS) has convened a multi-stakeholders group with policy-makers, European patients and citizens groups, researchers, healthcare providers and professionals, large companies and SMEs/start-ups, large pan-European and international NGOs, insurers, investors, etc. Several activities have been launched from 1st of July:
1. The DHS Declaration: manifesto expressing the challenges we are facing in Europe to implement Digital health in all health and social care systems - opened to online contributions this summer - a new version is to be published on 10th October and signed/endorsed by contributors mid-October
2. The DHS Task Forces: experts groups around specific topics:
a. Convergence on interoperability standards, led by Erik Gerritsen, Secretary General of the Ministry of Health of Netherlands
b. Citizen-controlled Data Governance and Data Donors, led by Angela Brand, Professor at Maastricht University
c. Legal framework for Free Flow and 2nd use of health data, led by Bleddyn Rees, Digital health expert and lawyer at Osbourne Clarke
d. Digital Transformation & change management in health & social care organisations, led by Richard Corbridge, CIO of Health Executive Service and CEO of eHealth Ireland
3. High Level eHealth Tallinn 2017 conference on October 16-18 / http://www.ehealthtallinn2017.ee
This webinar has been the opportunity to present the work produced by each Task force (TF) and their high-level international experts. The 4 TF’s leaders have explained their propositions around these key enabling topics and they have encourage other to join concrete and tangible actions, commitments or projects following the lines and recommendations defined by the Task Forces. We will publish soon the information to engage with each Task Force. Any question: firstname.lastname@example.org
The eHealth conference in Tallinn on 16-18 October will showcase more than 70 High-level international speakers through inspiring keynotes and panel sessions around the 3 tracks of the event:
- Track01 > Citizens, Professionals, Society
- Track02 > Digital infrastructure, Data and Technology
- Track03 > Enabling environment
Registrations and information on http://www.ehealthtallinn2017.ee
It has also been the opportunity to discuss the next steps for the Digital Health Society (DHS) until the end of 2017 and the sustainability plan beyond the Estonian EU Presidency.
Download the presentation here