Transforming the use and governance of personal health data
25 May 2017
Posted by: Heather Smith
d-LAB is a programme of Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, which is an organization driving the digital transformation and hosting the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona – the world’s largest mobile telecommunications event.
d-LAB is a social programme that aims at accelerating the digital transformation of society in order to improve the lives of citizens and spread the impact of successful solutions. Every year d-LAB launches 3 challenges and seeks innovative solutions ready to be piloted with a positive impact on society.
This year d-LAB is looking to tackle the following:
· Transforming the use and governance of personal health data [Open now for submissions]
· Fighting cyberbullying through mobile technologies [to be launched in September]
· Empowering people with disabilities through mobile technologies [CLOSED]
2. Challenge: Transforming the use and governance of personal health data
The objective of this challenge is to identify and award innovative ideas, projects and solutions that consider different uses and applications of Personal Health Data (PHD) beyond access, such as:
· innovative models of PHD governance
· future use in health and medical research
· inclusion of new types of data, such as from wearables
· contribution to wellbeing and aging solutions
· innovative business models that assure the long-term sustainability of PHD usage and governance
Why to participate?
If you believe you have the answer to the future use & governance of personal health data, send your proposal and become part of the solution.
Apply now via www.d-lab.tech/challenge-2/ . A number of benefits are waiting for the winners!
How to participate?
1. Learn about the challenge here and see how you can contribute to solving it.
2. Apply by submitting your proposal online through our submission form.
Remember: deadline is 27 June 2017 at 5.00pm CET.
Winners will be announced during a public event in September/October 2017