Innovation Agency’s Digital innovations in medicines optimisation Ecosystem event a success!
11 April 2017
Posted by: Heather Smith
Around 100 delegates attended the 11th Ecosystem event for the North West Coast region to discuss digital innovations in medicines optimisation with some excellent presentations from speakers, great interaction with panel discussions and lots of questions posed by the audience.
The event, hosted by Innovation Agency – the North West Coast Academic Health Science Network - in partnership with ECHAlliance, was held in Liverpool.
It was opened by Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive of the Innovation Agency and Chair of the national AHSN network, and featured speakers from across the regional and national digital health community leading sessions on:
- Medicines Optimisation through Precision
- Optimising quality of patient care
- Why medicines optimization as a new discipline is fully operational in Northern Ireland
- Electronic Transfer of Care to Pharmacy
Keynote speakers on the day included:
- Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, David Weatherall Chair of Medicine, University of Liverpool
- Alison Ewing, Clinical Director of Pharmacy & Therapies, Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Andrew Davies, National Professional Lead for Hospital Pharmacy, NHS Improvement
- Frans van Andel, Lead for Internationalisation, Medicines Optimisation Innovation Centre
- Hassan Argomandkhah, Chair of Pharmacy, Local Professional Network
There were some great innovations on show from exhibitors in the room and lots of good feedback from all those who attended. Overall, the event was a great success.
Videos, interviews and presentations are available as follows:
Videos and Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wwl0o7T2dJe44t2b-7sgg