Disruptive technologies such as VR, Games or AI and new business models at the Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ 4 Years From Now 2017
Start-ups and entrepreneurs will present innovative health solutions and services to key investors and healthcare players.
Hospitals, doctors and insurers will present use-cases to develop Digital Health projects.
Leaders of Roche, Bupa and Munich Re will also be part of the event that will be held on 27th of February in Barcelona during the Mobile World Congress.
Barcelona, 22 February 2017-Virtual Reality (VR) and games aren’t just for playing. They are a promising tool for healthcare systems in order to engage individuals in prevention programmes and behaviour changes. The latest VR solutions and other technologies and innovations in the healthcare sector will take center stage at theDigital Health & Wellness Summit(DHWS17), organised by theEuropean Connected Health Alliance(ECHAlliance). DHWS17 is the vertical health program at 4 Years From Now (4YFN) and will take place on 27 February 2017 at Fira Montjuïc, Barcelona. More than 12,500 visitors were at the last edition of 4YFN, the event of reference for digital entrepreneurs and start-ups within the framework of the Mobile World Congress.
ECHAlliance has designed DHWS17 around the objective to match demand side and suppliers. On one hand, public institutions and large hospitals, such as Guy’s and St. Thomas and various other NHS foundation trusts in England, the Vall d’Hebron Hospital in Barcelona or the Resah French purchase platform covering 150+ hospitals and nursing homes in Paris, will describe their needs, their problems to be solved and their experiences. On the other hand, the best digital health start-ups and entrepreneurs will showcase their innovations: from Virtual Reality and games to Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and health and wellness tech. Most of these solutions have been selected after a competitive call with close to 100 proposals received from all over the world:
- Gameable, a software that uses Kinect games to help rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy or other conditions affecting fine motor control in the upper limbs.
- EMERGE, a 3D training simulation, which simulates the processes in emergency rooms to train medical students.
- Walk@WorkApp, an evidence-based program to change employees´ sedentary lifestyle and therefore improve health and productivity in the office.
- Pzizz, a sleep and power nap system to fall asleep fast, stay asleep, and wake up.
- CogniWin, a tool to assist the learning process for older adults in working environments and at the same time provide well-being guidance.
- 2PCS, an alerting and locating safety watch designed for the duties of professional care addressing the safety and independence of persons in care to handle those challenges.
- Benergy App, a mobile application, made in Barcelona, that educate users about health and wellness and leads them into healthier habits by proposing smart daily challenges.
- A Virtual Reality solution to treat adolescents with eating disorders at Sant Joan de Déu Hospital.
In addition, start-ups and entrepreneurs will meet leading Digital Health investors who will share their vision of the market, reveal which types of start-ups & solutions they are seeking and what are their criteria for investment. The audience will also have the opportunity to interact with all speakers during an open debate.
For more information about the solutions to be showcased, and the complete program visit:https://echalliance.com/general/custom.asp?page=DHWS17Agenda
The Digital Insurer: a new era for private health services
In the age of data, digitalization and chronic diseases, the traditional insurance model is questioned. Two key representatives of leading private health insurers will share their vision about the “Digital Insurer” and their new role in the healthcare system. Simon Nicholls, Global Digital health director, Bupa, with 32 million customers in over 190 countries, will focus on the opportunities and challenges of designing a more inclusive health insurance industry, taking into account the diversity in needs, motivations and behaviours. Munich Re, one of the largest group of insurance and reinsurance in the world, owner of DKV Seguros in Spain and one of the major players in the private insurance sector will also share their strategic vision and objectives in terms of innovation for the next years.
High level speaker profiles
Key representatives of health and social care service providers, government departments, device manufacturers, software and app developers, and patients will be represented at the congress and will share their vision about the state of mobile Health & Wellness sector. Among the key speakers will be:
- Simon Nicholls, Global Digital Health Director, Bupa.
- Tim Jürgens, Head of New Business Models and Emminens Healthcare Services VP, ROCHE Diabetes Care.
- Elena Torrente, Digital Health Coordinator, DKV Servicios.
- Amy Cueva, Chief Experience Officer and Co-founder, Mad*Pow.
- Clara Leonard, Associate, Digital Health Ventures.
- Vishal Gulati, Partner, Drapier Esprit.
- Anna Sort, Founder, PlayBenefit.
- Frederic Llordachs-Marques, Business Development Manager, Doctoralia.
- Alexis Normand, Healthcare Development Director, Withings.
For more information and complete programme, visit:https://echalliance.com/general/custom.asp?page=DHWS17Agenda
For interviews availability before and during the event, contact our media team email@example.com
DHWS17 gives access to 4YFN and MWC and partner with DECIPHER PCP Project
DHWS17 attendees will have access to 3 days of 4YFN (27th February to 1st March) and also 1 day of Mobile World Congress (2nd March). In addition, they will have the opportunity to attend the final event of DECIPHER PCP project, which will be held the 1st of March.
This EU project aims to develop a mobile solution for the management of patients in EU member states with chronic long term conditions which enables secure cross-border access to existing patient healthcare portals. The final seminar of DECIPHER PCP project will explore the experiences, benefits and outcomes of the PCP process in mHealth.
European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) is the trusted connector, facilitating multi-stakeholder connections around ecosystems, driving sustainable change and disruption in the delivery of health and social care.
Our community gathers 500+ member organisations and 16,000+ experts: governments, health & social care providers, leading companies and start-ups, researchers, insurances, patients & citizens, investors… through ecosystems meetings (120+ per year), international events and our online platform 'Connector'.
Active in 40+ regions/countries (Europe, USA, Canada, China), the ECHAlliance members develop innovative solutions around mobile Health, chronic diseases, active & healthy ageing, Internet of Things, wearables, personalised medicine, genomics, Big Data, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
Key Contact: Beatriz Sanz, Events manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click below to download high-resolution photos of the 2016 edition:
Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ MWC 2016
+ 0034 610206600
Jose Luis Cánovas
+ 0034 678446916